Friday, May 30, 2008

Moving fun?

The guy who runs the flower shop downtown is also named Steven Miller. So Steven supported his business with these flowers for me. They did not survive the move, and are therefore memorialized here.


My bed in my old room. I've noticed that my bed feels different in each apartment. On Ratone it felt tiny. On Pierre it was always massive. And now it feels extra small. Why is that? The only similarity between the two apartments is a ceiling fan. Hmmm....


I really really miss the big windowsill/bookshelf. But it is nice to be above ground again. My cell phone works much better.


My new apartment does not have two enormous closets.


Or adventure laundry. Though you do have to walk across the yard to a separate garage thing. And I got a key to it. So that's spiffy, I suppose.


My moving buddy.


First night in the new house. There's so much space in my bedroom! It's crazy. I have no idea what to do with all of it.


The new kitchen. It does not have a lot of space, but some really high cabinets that I put a bunch of extra dishes in. I had no idea that I had so many real dishes. I was finally ready to get rid of my plastic silverware and orange plates. Sad day.


To honor the apartment's first night, we played Monopoly. And I finally ended Steven's 7 game winning streak. The secret is the railroads. It's all about the railroads.



Game face.

No comments: