Monday, September 6, 2010

My abs are sore from Wabashing



Before:

Susan: How early do you want to get to the game?
Steven: I don't know, 30 minutes?
Long pause....
Susan: How early would be way too early to get to the game?
Steven: 5 hours?

Actual arrival time: 1:00p.m. Careful negotiation is the key to our relationship.


These were our seats. Getting there an hour and a half early has its advantages, but unfortunately I got greedy and tried to sit too low, and too in the middle. Those goal posts certainly don't wiggle when you're trying to see the snap. Another hazard of getting there too early and sitting behind the goal posts is kicking practice. We can personally vouch for the health of Kai Forbath. Every single kick made it through the uprights, though some were nearer to the third row than we appreciated. Also, they don't let you keep the ball if you catch it. Kind of crappy, if you ask me. Note for next game: choose a side.


You all know #8, and he was a BEAST up close. I can't believe how much he's grown in the offseason. But my favorite offensive player this year, because he's small and mighty and forgotten is #20, William Powell. Averaged 12 yards a carry versus UCLA and confused the heck out of the defense. It's good to have a pair, and I think this partnership will just keep getting better.

You'll be happy to know that Steven and I helped thwart the game-tying 2 point conversion, as they were threatening to score in our endzone. You're welcome. We'll be happy to offer our services again next weekend, though I think we learned another important lesson about afternoon games and sunscreen.


That's right. I've been branded by the sun.


Congratulations, Cats on an impressive opening victory. Now to face Terry Allen (everyone's favorite KU coach) and Missouri State. I'd like to see a blow-out, but I'll settle for a few more passing yards and a couple of sacks. Kick-off 6:10p.m. GO STATE!

5 comments:

betsyann said...

I was thinking we could start calling Thomas "Mr. T" and wearing gold chains and stuff. He has that great Mohawk. Wanna get the ball rolling on that?

Abby said...

His calves, are so. muscular.

estherena said...

Love the cat print on your face. What a devoted fan you are!!!

joeyirsik said...

I'm thinking about making it to a game sometime this season. Your lessons will help me on my adventure.

Susan said...

Joey - you should definitely go to a game this season. Just make sure you wear purple, bring your keys, and get ready to yell.