Friday, August 24, 2007

Changes come

I knew that I shouldn't have posted my schedule. As soon as you post your schedule, something shifts within you and you suddenly realize... you need to change everything. So I did.

I'm now, as most of you probably already know, graduating in December.

Mad props for me for changing my major seven times and graduating early. It makes me feel like kind of a rockstar. Like I cheated the system or something.

But it also makes me really sad to be leaving without my full four years. I know that I have grad school. And I know that K-State isn't home to me anymore. I know where I need to be, but then there are moments, when I'm hanging out in my beautiful room that I just finished decorating, or laughing with Hailey and Beau in the living room, or going to buy eggrolls in the middle of the night with Rachael... that I realize how much I will miss it here too.

Mostly I'm excited to graduate. Excited that it snuck up on me and that I get to take all the classes I've been wanting to take in one semester and that I now have an excuse not to work 30 hours a week. So far, everything has been working out, and I just keep relying on the signs to remind me that I'm making the right decision. And really, who needs a sign when my fortune cookie yesterday said this:

"Going with the flow will make your transition ever so much easier."

I'm coming home.

2 comments:

betsyann said...

You and your signs...craziness.

Bottom line, this whole new life sucks. But at least you're coming home to share it with us.

lobiwan said...

You ARE a rockstar.