Saturday, October 13, 2007

Yup. I'm that girl.

I changed my profile picture. I hate to admit that I'm one of "those" anythings, but I am. I like those ridiculous emo weird angle profile pictures. And where else can they be used except for blog profile pictures? I feel like the fact that I'm indulging myself in even keeping an internet journal requires that I take those sorts of pictures. Anyway, that's my official excuse.

This week I finally went on a bike ride with Jamie. It was a rather humbling experience. I still remember back in the day when Cassandra and I would ride our bikes all over town, marveling at how much more fun bike riding was when you were allowed to go past your own block. And now I can't enjoy it. I can't enjoy it because sometime between quitting volleyball and discovering beer, I have lost all muscle mass. It's ridiculous. It was a perfect day, a wonderful trail and the endorphins should've saved me. Instead, I felt completely guilty. I'm 22. It shouldn't be this hard. My beautiful, wonderful, strong big sister is off running 10ks and I can't even handle low impact bike riding. It's time to reclaim... something.

Tonight I went to see StopKiss. It was not excellent. Then Amanda and I ate cheese sticks and personal pan pizzas for dinner. She drank Mountain Dew. I got stuck in the bathroom. We both felt sick minutes after eating. It was most excellent.

I am now spending the remainder of my Friday night catching up on emails and watching the end of Stranger Than Fiction. What is it about Maggie Gylenhaal that makes her so dang cute? Is it her clothes, or her clothes plus her tiny frame? Because I think I could do the clothes. And I could work on the hair. Today I used mousse! It was an experience. Either way, I'd like to be Maggie Gylenhaal, sometime in the future.

EP of the week: Elizabeth and the Catapult
Forgotten but wonderful artist: Aimee Mann
Indie movie I should love but don't: Mutual Appreciation
Office quote of the week:
Andy
: They say you should never mix business with pleasure. Really. Well then explain to me how a putt-putt golf company operates.

2 comments:

linda jean said...

Maggie. Who doesn't want to be Maggie? I'm afraid it's a lost cause in my case. I haven't even bothered to give myself a face in blogosphere... I am one of those girls that uses the world blogosphere.

Susan said...

you should definitely give yourself a face. Maybe Maggie's face... and then all the new people you meet in the blogosphere will associate you with her. Or you could get a hipster indie picture like me. Both things would be equally "that girl."