Thursday, January 10, 2008

I like giants

Last weekend, Steven and I went to Topeka to judge for DCI. Well, Steven didn't judge. He just kept me company. Because we're still in that early phase of the relationship where you do ridiculous things together - like watching debate rounds that you have absolutely zero interest in. Or staying up all night watching Mark Sommers host a game show for Social Studies teachers. It was a good trip.

We also went to see Juno, which was wonderful, and I laughed and cried and came away love love loving Kimya Dawson. It's actually in Garden City, so everyone should see it. No excuses. It's adorable.

And also, you should check out The Moldy Peaches and Kimya Dawson. They're silly and fabulous.

"When I go for a drive I like to pull off to the side
Of the road, turn out the lights, get out and look up at the sky
And I do this to remind me that I'm really, really tiny
In the grand scheme of things and sometimes this terrifies me

But it's only really scary cause it makes me feel serene
In a way I never thought I'd be because I've never been
So grounded, and so humbled, and so one with everything
I am grounded, I am humbled, I am one with everything

Rock and roll is fun but if you ever hear someone
Say you are huge, look at the moon, look at the stars, look at the sun
Look at the ocean and the desert and the mountains and the sky
Say I am just a speck of dust inside a giant's eye
I am just a speck of dust inside a giant's eye."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like giants is my favorite song by her easily. easily.