Saturday, June 14, 2008

Accentuate the positive

Reasons to be thankful:

1. Trauma tans
2. Sno cones
3. Card time
4. Surprise pizza
5. Not having to be involved in Orientation or Wildcat Warm-Up during the tornado aftermath
6. My wonderful and extremely understanding new work family at the ELP
7. Anna duty
8. Sister sing-a-longs
9. Skype
10. Water slides

This has not been my favorite week of all time, but because of the previous ten things, and my family's willingness to find laughter wherever possible, we are getting through. I am staying in Garden City another week, and will now start my job on the 23rd.


Oh- and quick Steven update- he arrived in Turkey safely, is happy, and besides a minor mishap with a snapping turtle, is adjusting well to international life. He starts teaching on Monday, and I am eternally jealous. Oh, and his blog is here: steven26.blogspot.com, if you feel like following his journey more closely.

Happy Father's Day to all.

2 comments:

Steven317 said...

Hey doll, those are good things. Sorry I haven't been as accessible, they're keeping their american guests busy busy. You're so strong, I hope you know that, and wonderful. I miss you mountains.

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.