Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Gainfully employed

I got a job! I actually got offered two jobs, and then got offered three more interviews, all today. Life is so mysterious. But I took the job as Administrative Assistant in the English Language Program, working with International Students and faculty and programs and doing all sorts of things. I fill out all my paperwork tomorrow and then start on June 16th.

I'm so relieved. It's a job. Full-time. With benefits. And because I don't start until the 16th, I can drive Steven to the airport on Tuesday, and then spend the rest of the week back at home before I settle down to this new part of life.

It's been three long weeks of job searching, but somehow, magically, it all worked out better than I could've imagined.

And now, Steven and I are setting up my Skype so we can talk while he's in Turkey, and then the rest of the day is full of reading, iced chai, darts, caribbean food and Gilmore Girls. (I got him hooked. That show can take down anyone.)

Today, adulthood feels all right.

2 comments:

Steven317 said...

I'm so proud of my baby. It's all coming together. I can't wait to be swapping work stories with you from different timezones. But also I can wait. I'm conflicted. I miss you already. I'm already half way around the world in a way.

Unknown said...

Man I hope when I move back to Stillwater I finally have job luck!
Love you BFF..