Tuesday, June 9, 2009

“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results” - Einstein

Today I watched a bug climb up my recycling bin, and then fall backwards with a hiss.

Is it more insane to...

A: be the bug, climbing and climbing, all day long when he could have just used his wings to fly away

Or

B: jump a mile every time I heard the hiss and then scoot the bin a little bit farther from me.

Finally, at 4:03p.m. Audra got tired of me knocking things over in fright, scooped up the bug and set him free outside the open window.

All in a day's work.

6 comments:

Steven317 said...

I read this on my google reader (i.e. I remembered). And in response: I think you are both crazy. I say a a guy pick up a beatle with his baseball cap yesterday. He is craziest.

Abby said...

The latter makes sense to me. Do you think insanity runs in the family? :)

Susan said...

Steven - mean.

Abby - mos def.

Trinket said...

On a completely unrelated note: Do you like Susie Suh? One of my Pandora stations played her song "Won't You Come Again" and I think it is lovely. And any time I find folky/poetic/indie music I like, I immediately feel the need to tell you, for some reason. :)

Susan said...

Katrina - I've only heard a couple of Susie Suh songs on pandora, but I liked them both. Thanks for reminding me - I'll have to go back and dig up some downloads.

I'm glad you think of me when folky/poetic/indie music is playing. It means I have finally posted enough music videos on my blog. :)

Steven317 said...

give me that fish!