Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Idol and music and videos and blogging!

I haven't posted about Idol this year.  That. is. tragic.  My favorite got third, as usual.  He's amazing.  Proof:


The final two this year are Jessica Sanchez and Phillip Phillips.  Jessica is classic Idol (huge voice, tiny person), Phillip is new age Idol (harmless cutie pie white guy).  The show desperately needs balladeer Jessica to win, but Phillip is on a hot streak right now.  Proof:


And he was definitely the best tonight.  Much like Jessica's "save" earlier this season, I say the producers call it in Jessica's favor to save face and give the top 5 record deals.  The stakes really aren't that high on the 12th go-round.  Everyone wins at this stage.

It is nice to see that my music is finally becoming mainstream.  I don't mean that to sound like that Cake song, just that I like that whiny, quiet, singer/songwriter music is now found on Top 40 radio.  Thanks, Adele.

Speaking of awesome music, let's share some more videos, yes?  How about California hipster rock group Dawes?  Yummy.


Or did you know that Regina has a new album coming out next Tuesday?  You can stream her album for free on NPR all week. 

If you follow me on Twitter (ksusue) then you love me and know how much I love last year's 3rd place Idol finisher, Haley Reinhart.  Seriously, buy the album and Listen Up!.

 

Last but not least, this song is getting me through the long summer workdays.  I love my job, but I love my husband more.  As it should be. 




Happy listening!  Remember to laugh and watch more TV.  Always.




1 comment:

Steven317 said...

Hooray for super-video post!

You should cover the weird ending next!